We acknowledge that the business we are in has an impact on the environment, specifically, trees. Sustainability can be defined as fulfilling our needs without jeopardising the needs of future generations. As such, with this project, we have decided to partner with a company called Greenpop, whose mission is to (re)connect people with our planet. With the help of thousands of “treevolutionaries”, they have planted 66,000 trees in 3 countries so far.
An activity we fondly remember Mum spending hours at is gardening. The joy she experienced when a flower bloomed or the excitement at the sight of a vegetable finally growing was loads of fun to observe. jArya would like to continue this memory and contribute to the Greenpop mission by committing to plant a tree for every customer we assist. In this way we hope to give back to the environment what we have taken and create sustainability for the future generations.
HOW exactly can you & jArya contribute to Project Paper Back?
For now and for every order we place, we would like to contribute to the environment in two ways:
Firstly by doing what Mum thoroughly enjoyed, getting her hands dirty in the soil. It will be our pleasure to physically get involved in tree planting initiatives;
You can sponsor and pay for your own tree(s) – the cost is R120 per tree, this includes the following and Greenpop will do all of this on your behalf:
- Purchasing an indigenous tree, compost, organic fertiliser and mulch;
- Logistics and operations of planting the tree;
- Monitoring and evaluation of the site where your tree is planted; and provide
- A personalised digital Tree certificate in your name with the GPS co-ordinates of the site in the Platbos Forest in the Western Cape where your tree will be planted (more information on Greenpop and the Platbos Reforestation Project can be found at http://greenpop.org).
- If you choose not to purchase your own tree (s), jArya Exclusive Designs will still donate a tree on behalf of our company